Making the Greater Good Even Greater
Criteria, Rules, Disclosures + Nomination Agreement
Mill City Credit Union believes prosperity can only be achieved when connected to a vibrant, healthy community that is sustainable for the long term. Inspired by the credit union movement's rooted philosophy - people helping people - Making the Greater Good Even Greater recognizes our non-profit and small business neighbors who contribute to the greater good of our community.
Nominations for local, impact-conscious small business and non-profit organizations who are making a difference by creating a stronger, healthier and more sustainable community.
Nominations Are Open To:
Local Small Business
To be considered a local small business you must meet the following criteria:
Local Non-Profit Organization
To be considered a local non-profit organization you must meet the following criteria:
Mill City Credit Union reserves the right to reject nominations, but will not do so based on race, gender, disability, religion, ethnicity, age or sexual orientation.
Making the Greater Good Greater Program OFFICIAL RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to participate. This program is designed to generate votes used to determine the recipients of a one-time donation.
2. ODDS OF WINNING. Dependent on the number of entries received and the quality of those entries.
3. NOMINATIONS. Anyone may nominate a small business (<$500,000 total net revenue) or non-profit organization (must have 501c3 status) with a primary location in the Minnesota counties of Hennepin, Carver, Meeker, McLeod, or Wright that are impact-conscious and making a difference by creating a stronger, healthier and more sustainable community. Mill City Credit Union reserves the right to reject nominations, but will not do so based on race, gender, disability, religion, ethnicity, age or sexual orientation. Nominations will be accepted beginning on August 22, 2015 on an ongoing basis until otherwise noted.
4. NOMINEE. Nominee must acknowledge disclosures, confirm they qualify based on above criteria (#3), and agree to participate in order to be included in the voting process. Proof of eligibility (small business designation letter, previous year tax records, 501c3 designation from the IRS, and/or other appropriate documentation and affidavit) will be required from nominees prior to receiving a donation payout. Nominees may not include credit union employees or their immediate family members.
5. VOTING. Votes will be accepted during a specific voting period for each eligible quarter. The voting period for each quarter will be stated on the Mill City CU website and/or its Facebook page. One daily entry, per person. In order to vote, you must be a legal U.S. resident and age 18 or older. If only one organization is nominated in a category, voting for that category may be carried over to next voting cycle or award may be forfeited. Membership at Mill City Credit Union not required. Void where prohibited.
6. HOW TO VOTE. Go to https://www.facebook.com/millcitycreditunion. Click on the Making the Greater Good Even Greater Tab and select which small business and local non-profit you would like us to donate to. No other entry methods permitted. All entries become the property of Mill City CU.
7. LIMITATIONS. Nominated small businesses and non-profit organizations are limited to 1 award per calendar year.
8. AWARD. Each quarter, one small business and one non-profit organization will receive a donation of $1,000. Donation payout will be made within 30 days following the most recent voting period. Organizations must provide proof of revenue or non-profit status within 5 business days or organization(s) with next highest votes will be selected as quarterly winner(s) and so forth until winning organization(s) provide documentation. If no winners are available, donation will be forfeited.
9. PRIVACY. Mill City CU does not sell, trade or release your email address to outside third parties. By participating in this program, you agree to receive email communications from Mill City Credit Union.
10. LIMITED LICENSE TO USE TRADEMARKS AND COPYRIGHTED MATERIALS OF PARTICIPANTS. Mill City CU may display the logo and trademarks of participating entities (along with publicly available information about the participating entity in connection with this Program only). Mill City CU agrees that it will honor all reasonable requests by the participating entities when displaying trademarks and the like and will not mutilate or otherwise alter any participating entities trademarks or logos.
11. OPT-OUT. There is no requirement that any entity must participate in this Program, and any participant has the right to withdraw from the Program at any time. Mill City CU has no obligation to return any materials or data submitted by a Participant should it withdraw from the Program. Credit Union members (current + potential) may choose not to participate by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 800.284.6328 or speaking to a representative in branch.
12. DISCLAIMER. Program is void outside the United States. By participating in the Making the Greater Good Even Greater Program, each nominee and voter fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by and accept these Official Rules and the decisions of Mill City CU (including, without limitation, decisions regarding eligibility of nominations, the selection of nominees and winners, and the awarding of donations), which are final and binding in all respects. You agree that Mill City CU, and its advertising agencies, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees (the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for any claim, injury, loss, or damage to any person or property that arises out of acceptance or use of any prize. Taxes on awards, if any, are the winner’s sole responsibility. Void where prohibited by law. As a condition of receiving a donation, each winner must consent to the use of their name and likeness in Mill City CU promotional materials not limited to Facebook. Nominees have a limited, non-exclusive, temporary license to use Mill City CU’s Facebook Fan Page.
13. Mill City CU is not responsible for: (a) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information or late, lost, stolen, unintelligible, illegible, damaged, mutilated, altered, incomplete, misdirected nominations or nominations received through impermissible or illegitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any telephone, computer online systems, computer equipment, website, server provider, network, hardware or software; (c) unauthorized intervention in any part of the nomination process or the voting period; (d) printing, typographical, electronic or human errors which may occur in the offer or administration of the Program or the processing of entries; or (e) any injury or damage to persons or property, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from nominees or voters participation in the Program, or from viewing, playing or downloading any material from Sponsor’s website or Facebook page, regardless of whether the material was prepared by Sponsor or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to Sponsor’s website by a hypertext link.
14. Mill City CU employees and immediate family members are not eligible to participate in voting or as a nominee.
15. Mill City CU reserves the right to terminate, suspend or modify the Program at any time. Notice of any significant changes to the Program or its rules shall be posted at MillCityCU.com.
16. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Greater Good, or any other entity that is not specifically named as a Sponsor of this Promotion.
17. Questions about this Program may be asked by emailing email@example.com.